It’s been said, “You are what you eat,” but many nutrition experts are amending that statement to “You are what you digest.” While many of us eat for social reasons (a special date, a birthday celebration) or emotional reasons (stress eating, boredom), the fundamental reason we eat is for fuel. Food contains the building blocks for life, and our bodies are designed to extract and absorb what we need out of our food and discard the rest.
So your diet – what you put into your body – is an important factor in how your body functions.
Colonix® Intestinal Cleanser
The main source of fiber in Colonix®, psyllium husk, is a multi-tasking supplement: it moves waste out of the colon while delivering heart-healthy benefits. Adding psyllium to your diet is one way to reduce the “bad cholesterol” known as LDL.
What Does a "Healthy Diet" Look Like?
What makes up a healthy diet for you may be very different than a healthy diet for someone else. Every person’s health history, activity levels, dietary needs and medication intake varies and therefore, their food intake should vary to match his or her needs. The Dietary Guidelines for Americans identifies some general attributes of a healthy diet:
Reduce in your diet:
- Saturated fat
- Trans fat (as low as possible)
- Calories from solid fats and added sugars
- Refined grains
- Alcohol consumption (1-2 drinks per day)
Incerease in your diet:
- Vegetables & fruits
- Whole grains
- Fat-free or low-fat milk products
- Protein foods (seafood, lean meat, poultry, eggs, beans, peas, soy products, unsalted nuts and seeds)
- Foods that provide potassium, dietary fiber, calcium & vitamin D supplement.